Writer/Editor with experience in online and print media: Articles, blogs, website content, marketing collateral, and social media. Increased social media engagement. Researched and wrote content & meta-descriptions to keyword-density specifications to drive online traffic. Built contact database; designed/managed email campaigns to C-Suite contacts.
- Creative writing/ghostwriting
- Business writing/marketing
- Academic research and analysis
- Web content creation/SEO
- Journalism/press releases
- Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Dreamweaver
- Microsoft Office Suite, iLife Suite
- Windows 7, Mac OS X
- CMS platforms (WordPress, Joomla, etc…)
- Learning Management Systems (Moodle 2.0 Administrator, Blackboard user)
- Social Media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube)
Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, NH — Masters in English and Creative Writing, expected 2015 — GPA 4.0
- Graduate Studies in English Language
- Graduate Studies in Literary Theory
- Graduate Studies in American Literature
- Fiction Fundamentals
- Graduate Studies in Medieval Literature (Current)
- Studies in Place and Setting (Current)
Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT — BA Art History, 2007 — GPA 3.08
- Reported for Southern News fall semester, 2006
WRITING AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
Special Education Instructional Paraprofessional, Madison Public Schools; 2013-Present
- Guides students in drafting and revising academic papers and assignments.
- Coordinates with classroom teachers to plan lessons, set goals, and deliver learning.
- Develops study guide materials and coaches students to build study skills.
Marketing Associate, Sales Innovation, LLC— 2011-2013
- Wrote/Edited/Formatted B2B and B2C collateral material, articles, and white papers.
- Assisted with development and maintenance of website to drive traffic and provide collateral resource library.
- Supported end-users and uploaded/maintained client courses via Moodle.
Freelance Writer and Editor — 2006-2014
- Wrote/edited keyword-optimized website and blog content designed to drive traffic.
- Designed and implemented social media campaigns; researched patterns in social reach to determine both the nature of content and timing for 75-125% average growth.
- Edited/ghostwrote website content, marketing collateral, news articles, and a novella.
- Reported on local events, entertainment, and government proceedings.
INDUSTRY WRITING EXPERIENCE
- Legal and accounting
- Insurance (both private and business lines)
- Arts, entertainment, and recreation
- Business services and consulting
- Hospitals and healthcare
- Internet publishing
- Property management
- Travel and leisure
- Martial Arts
- Print publishing
- 1998-1999: Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History Docent
- 2003-2005: USA Kempo Martial Arts Instructor
- 2009-2012: National Novel Writing Month Municipal Liaison
- 2012-2013: Chinese Kempo Academy Martial Arts Instructor (Employee since 2013)
- 2013-Present: JuNoWriMo Volunteer (Social Media, Author PepTalks)